With respect to the size and weight of solutes that nanofiltration membranes reject, NF operates in the realm between reverse osmosis (RO) and ultrafiltration (UF): Organic molecules with molecular weights greater than 200 – 400 are rejected. Nanofiltration membranes can effectively reject, among other contaminants:
- Dissolved organics.
- Latex emulsions.
- Metal ions.
- Good Organic (NOM) Removal
- Partial Softening Preserves Water Character
- Reduced Power Consumption and Costs
- Long Element Life
- Delivers high productivity due to high active area
- High cleanability due to wide cleaning pH range (1 – 12) tolerance